Monday, January 5, 2009

Got my game back...

It's no secret that I hate Michigan winters... it cramps my creative style and makes me feel like I can't get out there and do what I love. Over the last year I have done a lot of deciding what exactly I want my photography to be. I don't ever want this passion of mine to not be something I love... I do this job BECAUSE I love it. Unfortunately, Michigan makes me it completely impossible to do outdoor shoots. But here we are in Florida and the sunlight is pure bliss!!!

Why do I share all that? Well because I was sooo lucky to be able to do this shoot for Alyx & Sierra. These beautiful girls are just as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. AND.... this shoot was a MUCH needed outlet for my creativity and working photographing kids. I got to get out in the sunshine and beautiful surroundings and WORK IT!!!

I was half expecting Alyx (the older sister) to "work" the camera a little more than Sierra (the younger sister) and I was COMPLETELY wrong! Sierra was a natural in front of the camera and wasn't afraid to strut her stuff! I started thinking about this and couldn't help but think that maybe part of that is just the age. Alyx is nearly 12 (near my daughter's age) and at that age they are really starting to learn who they are and are much more aware of their "self". On the other hand, at 8... I don't think that age group grasps that concept of self completely yet. I realized as I was thinking about this, that I think that is why I sincerely enjoy photographing children. I love that part of them that is so clueless, uninhibited, and just SO themselves! Just thought id share those thoughts... I'm weird... I can't help it!!!
I had a terrible time deciding which shots from this session to share... choices... choices! ENJOY! Thank you girls for a GREAT session! Thank you for being such a great friend to Kenedey. We love you!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter