Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Brian Cooper! - Clark Lake, MI Wedding Photographer

Wow. What a wedding! Brian & Katie... I can barely put into words a summary of such a special, fun, exciting, and memorable day this was.

I have to start with a little back story of how all of this came together. It just wouldn't be the same without the fun perspectives on this wonderful couple! I met Brian when his son, Cash, was just about 4 months old. I have had the honor every year since then of photographing and getting to know and watch Cash grow. If you know anything about me, you know the kids I get to photograph as they grow... they have a VERY special place in my heart. You cannot know Cash without knowing what a great kid he really is. The part that's really special, is the relationship he and his dad (Brian) share. The best analogy I can give you is... they are each others wing man! On this wedding day, Cash got to stand beside his Dad and be the Best Man! Such a wonderful sight to see.

I will never forget when Brian called me the day after his first date with Katie (I think the call was a question about a recent photo session of him and Cash) and during that call, he mentioned that previous night he had met a really amazing girl. :) After having the opportunity to watch Brian date (and maybe even try to play matchmaker for him and someone I knew ;) for a few years, he just had very different things to say about this date! He was SO excited... he may have even said... "she is definitely someone I can see myself with forever"! I never once second guessed what Brian was saying because I knew enough about him to know that he wouldn't say something like that if he didn't mean it!

Well... fast forward many months of watching Brian and Katie develop a GREAT relationship. Watching her push him in entirely unique ways to be a better man and also watching him learn to love her like she is his #1... it just couldn't be a better fit!

Brian and Katie's wedding day was filled with SO many surprises! They both had some fun things in store for the other:

Brian wrote on Katie's shoes, and Katie had Brian's grandfathers wedding ring attached to his boutonniere :)

 Those pieces of material are all pieces of Katie's 3 sisters wedding dresses with their wedding dates on them.



The wedding took place at Hill Top Manor Inn, in Clark Lake, MI. The barn, beautiful grounds, and farm house for the girls to get ready in, was a perfect reflection of their closeness of their friends and family.



They were married by their good friend and pastor J-Vo from Westwinds Community Church. Their vows their wrote to each other, left it tough to hold back the emotions for everyone there. :)
 And this wedding crew... definitely one of a kind! So fun!
 The BIGGEST secret and surprise of the day (which Katie was COMPLETELY CLUELESS about) was, Brian booked Coffey Anderson (Singer and Songwriter) the artist who wrote their first song. The song "Better Today" he performed for Brian and Katie. The feeling in the room watching this all come together... indescribable! Be sure to heck out Coffey Anderson HERE!

THE Best Man! Cash you are THE best!

 Lastly, and unforgettable reception full of fun, family, dancing, singing, and a bit of Ole Smokey Moonshine (my favorite distillery in Gatlinburg, TN = GOOD TIMES!

Brian & Katie, thank you so much for allowing me to share in this special time in your lives. I am confident you two will work hard to remember all the love you have for each other for the rest of your lives! I wish you the best and look forward to capturing many memories for you in the years to come! XOXO, Kari :)

Please enjoy this video as well, there are a couple of quick clips of Coffey singing their wedding song :) 

2 comments:

John said...

Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me and astound me by the depth of you natural talent. You are great!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter