Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chelsea, MI - Wedding Photographer




April & Nathan ~ MARRIED!!!

I am so excited about weddings this year!! My schedule is pretty light which is in some ways nice because I can just sort of take my time with edits and the burn out never sets in. I am going to enjoy!

April and Nathan had a very intimate ceremony with only their immediate family (around 24 people) at The Teacup Chapel. It was very sweet and felt so cozy among their families.

From what I have learned about this adorable couple, Nathan typically presents himself to new friends as someone who is pretty laid back and a bit on the quiet side....

Does this look like someone who fits that description?
Ya, it doesn't to me either ;) Nathan and April were so much fun to photograph. I was a tad nervous because I had never had the opportunity to meet Nathan before the big day, so I was a bit unsure how he would feel about so many pictures. *sidenote: I get it when guys don't really love the photo part of the wedding day :) I prefer the fun and my side of the camera too!

Nathan however... he was a complete trooper and so much fun! April and Nathan have such a sweet relationship. A little background... April has her daughter, Faith (who I kept calling Hope) LOL im a dork! Then Nathan, his little guy is Aiden. I could go on and on about these two kids, and what an amazing job their parents are doing with blending their families.
Faith is a old soul to say the least! Having a conversation with her felt like I was chatting with a 20 yr old. She absolutely idolizes both Nathan and her mom, and had such a sweet disposition about their family finally coming together. Such a refreshing perspective.

One of my most favorite moments of the day was when April gave Aiden a pocket watch that had a train on it. The boy LOVES trains!! He played with her gift to him all day and showed it to most everyone at the reception. When she spoke to Aiden during the ceremony one thing she said really stood out to me... it was something along the lines of how she and Faith hoped to continue their special friendship with him in the years to come.... cue tears. I just thought it was really neat to approach it that way. Nathan also spoke to Faith during the ceremony and I promise you, there was not a DRY eye in the house.

below: Aiden showing his grandma his pocket watch
Another super emotional part of the day was when April's dad got to see her for the first time before walking her down the aisle. She is his only child, and it was such a privilidge to be part of watching their moment together. I could just see the pride, joy, and hope for the future all mesh in at that moment.
Their reception was at the Comfort Inn reception hall in Chelsea, Michigan. I had never been to a reception there, it was a great venue and looked great with all the extra touches April added to the decor!

April and Nathan, thank you so much for having me as part of your big day. It was such a beautiful wedding and I know you will have many beautiful years together.

xoxo

1 comment:

web hosting services said...

great photography captured each and every moment of their big day...visit www.zolute.com

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter