Thursday, September 25, 2008

FYI

I have been a volunteer for this amazing foundation for about 3 months now. I got involved with this orginazation after my mom watched a segment on the Today Show about what Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep does. She thought it seemed like something I might be interested in. I checked it out and from there I went through the necessary training and application process. I have added a link at the bottom as well for you to view anytime, however, I wanted to also post it just so you all have the opportunity to take a look at what it's all about.

To give you a very brief dea of what exactly NILMDTS is: It's infant rememberence/berevement photography. When a baby dies at birth or thereafter, we come into the hospital and do a photoshoot for the parents. No cost for the session or images. We capture the relationship and love that those parents have for their baby, in hopes that they can have these images show how special their precious baby is.

Several people have asked me how in the world can you go and do a photoshoot like that and not be too upset by watching people hurting so badly.

The only way I can answer that is this: If I was in a situation like these families who we reach, I would want someone to do this for me. I think those photos are some of the few things families who have lost an infant have to cling to for rememberence. It gives a sense of "my child was here and he does matter, no matter how short his life may have been". I think its very rewarding to be able to give back in this manner.

If you would like to watch the video that the today show did click here: Today Show video

NILMDTS is entirely a non-profit orginzation. If you are intersted in making a donation, please visit the website and follow the prompts there: http://www.blogger.com/www.nilmdts.org

1 comment:

Wendy Martin said...

Congrats on being a NILMDTS photog! Have you gone on any calls yet? I've been on the Jackson list as well and haven't gotten any calls--- just curious! Good work!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter