Monday, June 15, 2009

SO MUCH JOY

So coming off from one of the toughest weeks of my life, I got to go hang out with this sweet sweet little family.

I was still a bit on the emotionally exhausted side when I was on my way to this photo shoot, but I took a couple of deep breaths as I exited my car and went to meet them at their home. I have had this session scheduled for months and was really looking forward to it. Most importantly, they did NOT let me down... these little guys had smiles that were completely contagious!!!

When I first met Nathan... the little blonde guy, he kind of gave me that, ugh, don't talk to me scowl and turned into his mommy... why do I share this??? Because it was right then and there I realized how this little guy was going to be... VERY similar to my 3 year old... turns out they are about 8 days apart. It was great fun to go "play" with someone so similar in personality to my Carson and just totally enjoy him! It was kinda like being on the outside looking in! It only took my little buddy Nathan about 5 minutes to warm up and then we got some fun smiles like this one. You just gotta know the tricks with little guys like this... they like to do anything that involves going fast and pure silliness too!


Meet Colin... something about Colin that spoke to me immediately was his gentle little spirit. Colin's mommy mentioned to me that Colin has something similar to Autism, although not Autism. However, this was why it was so important to me to do this session and why I was really looking forward to the session. I knew that I had to get some images that really captured who this little 6 year old sweetie is. His smile is so vibrant that I feel like it must light up the world. I feel more enriched having just met him for the brief time that I did. The only way I can describe it... something about him just reaches out and touches your heart... he doesn't have to communicate with words. It's definitely done with his heart, at least for me that's what I felt.

I absolutely adore this family and I literally only spent roughly an hour with them. Thank you guys for such a great session. It was honestly completely refreshing after such a tough week in our lives. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter