Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to Reality~


I wanted to focus on the contest this past week, so I let the contest finish before adding any more session, so I have some catching up to do. For those of you who had to wait... thank you very much for your patience! I promise the rest are coming VERY soon.

First up:

I love this story...
At Hosta Hillside... back to the location of their first date!
Joe met Robin at his brother's wedding. Robin was one of the bridesmaids. When Joe saw Robin... it was love at first sight! For Robin... Not.So.Much.!!!

I asked Robin why not love at first sight? Her reply.... "because he was obnoxious and unrefined"!!! LOL I don't think ill ever forget that description!

Somehow, someway... Joe made his way into Robin's heart and must have found refinement! For me looking in from the outside, there's no doubt that Joe's wrapped tightly around her heart! Whenvever she is near him, a smile on her face, isn't far behind! Their first date was at Hidden Lake Gardens... so what better place to choose to have their wedding ceremony?

I can think of a few places... especially since it decided to thunderstorm and DOWNPOUR right at 2:00pm... just in time for the ceremony! Go figure!

The great thing about Joe and Robin... they have learned to roll with the punches and roll with the punches they did! They ended up having their ceremony inside the Arborteum at Hidden Lake and even though it was not what they had planned it was beautiful and very intimate. You don't need big fancy things or beautiful hosta gardens when you have that much love and passion for each other! It was truly a unique experience to witness them just roll with the punches... I know a lot of couples (myself first ;-) who would have been totally frazzled if it hadn't worked out the way they had planned! They each wrote their vows to each other... I don't see this done much anymore, it was amazing. However... I completely understand why some couples don't do it... I would NEVER be able to hold myself together and not break down and bawl! I got teary just watching them!

The only thing I could do to keep from not crying over those vows was to watch Robin's daugther Macy pray. Im sure this looks super odd to some of you, but Macy was SERIOUS about praying. She got down on the floor each time they prayed and folded her hands, JUST like this!!!Joe and his son, I love the connection you can see between them here! TOUGH guys! When I met with Robin and she drew the verbal picture of her wedding day for me... the number one thing she kept saying was.... "it's just all about family for us, nothing else matters". She was so right. A super touching moment when Robin and her father danced to "I loved her first" by Heartland. If you haven't heard it... go listen to it and you should be able to imagine how sweet it was. It was beautiful and then I looked over to her mom and her mom was just in tears... I seriously did not think I was going to be able to pull myself together... MORE tears.... what the heck Kari... you are supposed to be the photographer not the sappy emotional girl! lol

Joe, Robin and family.... Thank you all so much for letting me be a part of your special day. I wish you all the best. Never forget "it's all about family"! It's going to be a fun journey with 5 kids no doubt!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter