Monday, August 24, 2009

Congratulations!

Ok so BIG news in our area!

Holly Frey Photography has opened in the Grass Lake Area!

Holly has become a good friend of mine and she is a WONDERFUL photographer. I first met Holly about 3 1/2 years ago when she was a nurse at Foote Hospital (now Alligence) and she took care of Carson (and I) post pardom at the hospital! I absolutely loved her as my nurse and never forgot her. I had heard her name in the photog world, but never had met her... it wasn't until a few months ago and I saw her in the barber shop where I take my son to get his haircut and put two and two together and figured out who she was!
Anyway... we have had such a great time enjoying our crazy kid filled lives. Holly and her husband and family have worked so hard to get her studio up and going. If you get a chance be sure to drive by in Grass Lake (right downtown) and take a look at her new spot. She has a huge window outside so you can't miss it!

I spent some time with Holly in the studio tonight. She has new studio lighting... and if you know me at all... you know that I am a natural light girl. It's what I use as MUCH as I can no matter what my subject is... if I can find natural light... I will! However... Holly's youngest (Kenzie) is about 4 months old but she is so tiny! You likely also know me and babies... I have a hard time keeping my camera off of them! So... this afternoon I played with Holly's lights and got a few good snaps of her and Kenzie. It's so infrequent that us photog's are on THAT side of the camera and most of us prefer right where we are (behind the camera), however... I don't think I can stress enough how much you will love these pictures with time. Those memories of little toes, soft baby skin, sweet grins... those memories fade way too fast. I wanted to grab a few for Holly just so she has them. In the craziness of life it's easy to skip tiny milestones or relationship portraits, but it's also a very important part of life that is so fleeting. So... if you have a little one... don't hesitate... have your pictures taken SOON!

Holly, I have already said it so much, but I am so so happy for you and all that you are about to embark on. You are a true inspiration to all of us and I wish the absolute best for you. Cheers to a sucessful kick off Holly Frey Photography as the studio!!!! Very proud of you! The best is yet to come!
I love this picture above because if you know Holly, that's her smile... I think that is what people first think of when they think of Holly! I have yet to see her without a smile! Very refreshing to be around someone who is so happy!Look at Kenzie!!! She is the best baby... and the perfect subject! Just easy-going and so loveable!
Holly with her baby girl! She has several more cuties at home... sometime between Chelsea (Holly's assistant) and I we will get a picture of all of them!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Located in Tecumseh, Michigan Serving the surrounding areas, MICHIGAN, United States
On Location, Natural Light Photography As well as Studio (in Tecumseh, MI)

Sitemeter